Sunday, August 05, 2007

Fresno Protest


Fresno Protest
Originally uploaded by Stormwysper
Normally I don't post political things, but thought this was interesting. I was driving down Blackstone in Fresno on Friday and as I hit the intersection at Shaw I noticed the typical protesters that have been here on and off again since the Iraq war started. What was interesting is that the anti-war protesters were around two dozen while the pro-war protesters numbers were around five (the were on the opposite corner). I found this interesting because a few years ago when the war started the numbers were inverse with more supporters then protesters. Fresno is a conservative town in a liberal state. I know a few protesters isn't a good reflection of a city's politics, but I think even conservatives sick of this war.

No comments: