Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Hunt

Well I did the investigation last night in Fresno (can't say where as the clients want to keep it quiet). Wasn't a typical investigation though as my group leader Jackie was teaching a class focusing on photos and evp and this was the field trip. But since we haven't investigated before, this was new for us as well.

From what we were told, people had seen two figures on the second floor, both kinda in the same area. When we started we split up into two groups and mine had the first floor and the other had the second. My group decided to investigate the area on the first floor that corresponded to where the activity occured on the second. Not much really happened, but we spent thirty minutes walking around and taking photos and video. We took a break and met back up with the other group. They said they heard tapping in the supposed active rooms, so we decided to go there first.

When I first walked in the room, I didn't like what I was feeling. Jen, who was also in my group, felt the same and she said it felt like someone was watching us. I didn't feel that, but I knew I just didn't like the room. I took both video and photos of the room. I didn't hear any tapping like the other group had said and wondered if it wasn't just nerves or maybe the AC was on (we were told it was off.

We walked into the adjacent room and I felt the same bad feeling. Jen felt the same and we wondered if whatever it was, was following us perhaps. Did more photos, videos, and this time some evp. After ten minutes or so we left the room and headed towards the opposite end of the building. We started hearing banging coming from the ceiling, but it had a metallic sound so I figured it was the HVAC system and the ducts were making the sound. We headed back downstairs after this and met up with the other group again.

I decided now that I wanted to film the other group so I followed them for a bit. I followed them back upstairs and heard the same banging noise again. They thought it was paranormal, and when I tried to explain it to them for whatever reason they wouldn't listen. I guess it's a difference of ideals. I try to rule out anything natural, and then whatever is left is then supernatural. But I guess some people want to believe so bad that there are ghosts everywhere. Whatever. At least Jen agreed with me, and so did the rest of my group. Just not the students.

We ended the night by doing an EVP session in the room where the banging was going on. I guess the clients had heard this and the students got over excited and didn't put two and two together and thought some activity was going on. We went back up there and heard the banging. Once again I said it was the ducting, but people were disagreeing, saying the air was off. I mentioned that most buildings have the HVAC do the ventilating also since the windows don't open. I think that might have sunk in, since it was happening so much and most paranormal activity isn't that frequent. Still we did some recording.

Honestly I don't know what to say about the place. The groups were all over the place and then they stuck to one area for two long so it was impossible to get a feel for the place. If there is anything there, it's those two rooms where I felt uncomfortable. I'm not too sure about the rest of the place. And I have a feeling we won't have a chance to go back. Oh well. Next thing is back at the Sierra Sky Ranch and that's always fun.

No comments: