Monday, August 02, 2010

The Rules

I've heard mention of rules lately, especially with a group of friends the other night. Over the past year I've started to develop my own set of rules. I first got the idea after watching an episode of NCIS where the main character Gibbs (played by Mark Harmon) had a list of rules which he lived by. I liked the idea and looked up on-line to see said list of rules. I decided to borrow some as they made sense, but most of these are of my own that I learned from experience. One through three I follow the most (the third one is from NCIS), but I quote Number 12 quite often (which is also from NCIS with an amendment by me) as it should be followed to avoid drama in life. Now Gibbs has fifty one but I'm stuck on twenty nine.

Here they are:

Rule #1 Always treat others as you would have them treat you.

Rule #2 Never assume others will follow Rule #1

Rule #3 Don't believe what you are told. Double check.

Rule #4 Never be unreachable.

Rule #5 Best way to keep a secret is to keep it to yourself.

Rule #6 Never say you're sorry, it's a sign of weakness.

Rule #7 Always be specific when you lie.

Rule #8 Never take anything for granted.

Rule #9 Never go anywhere without a knife.

Rule #10 The less that is said, the better.

Rule #11 When the job is done, walk away.

Rule #12 Never date a co-worker or a mutual friend.

Rule #13 Never discuss religion or politics at the work place.

Rule #14 No matter how good you are, eventually there will be someone better.

Rule #15 Always work as a team. No one person can do it alone.

Rule #16 Respect my personal space.

Rule #17 Always be aware of your surroundings.

Rule #18 It's better to seek forgiveness then to ask permission.

Rule #19 Learn to anticipate. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Rule #20 Keep your mouth shut at all times less you make an ass of your self.

Rule #21 Never let anyone tell you that you cannot do something.

Rule #22. Always be the better person. you will always come out on top in the end.

Rule #23 Never mess with my coffee.

Rule #24 Respect is earned, not given.

Rule #25 If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Rule #26 Never let fear control you.

Rule #27 It's over when you say it's over.

Rule #27 Always have a back up.

Rule #28 There is no such thing as coincidence.

Rule #29 If it seems someone is out to get you, they are.

No comments: