Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ghostly Ranch


The lobby at Sierra Sky Ranch



Did an investigation of sorts last night, but wasn't the typical type. One member of my group is teaching a intro to the paranormal class at the Adult Ed. school in Fresno and part of the course is to go to an actual haunted location and put to pratice what they learned in class. Since the class had twenty students, the rest of the group was needed to make sure everyone followed the rules and lend any advice if needed.

The place is called Sierra Sky Ranch and it's up above Oakhurst. The history of the place begins in the 1850's as a cattle ranch. During the 1940's it was a TB sanatirium. From this period it seems where most of the ghosts came from. There is a nurse up in the loft, two men in the kitchen (one was a cook there), and another in the honeymoon suite.

I left home around 3:30 and drove an hour or so up into the mountain where the place is at. I told Jackie (the person teaching)that I would meet her around 4:30 or so, that way we could do a daylight walkthrough. I had been at the place before, but that was at night and since I was leading a group I needed to know the lay of the land, so to speak. After that the group then met to discus the night and assign groups. We decided not to do the loft above the lobby (even though it's a hotspot), as one person would not be able to go up there and we felt it wasn't fair to exclude just one person.

We met for dinner around 7:00, and most of the class was there. I chatted with a few and was trying to get a read off them. I was impressed with everyone's knowledge, and attested it to their teacher. Dinner was good, I had a rib eye (they had no fillet damnit) and it was good, had a good spice to it. Mashed potatoes were ok, they were called garlic but I couldn't taste it. Green beans were different, they had a sweetness to them. I think it came from the carmelized onion. I wanted to have the deep fried cheesecake, but had no stomach room so I had to decline. We are going back in November so I will order that first.

Around 9;00 the entire group met in the library. I need to backtrack for a second. The entire place has free WiFi and I was playing Guild Wars most of my free time. Makes me want broadband any more. But back to the meeting, Jackie was going over the rules of everything and introducing the class to the rest of the group. There were four groups and each one of us was paired off with one. I introudced myself and we headed outside waiting for the restaurant to close up.

We started at the back of the building and I just let the group wander around and take pictures. We did this for about twenty minutes or so and not much happened so we headed back to the library. Rested a bit then headed out to the front but not much happened there. I decided to do the lobby and the rooms that were open. Since that was near the library I fired up Guild Wars and let the group do there thing. After a bit I went to the lobby were they were and we decided to head to the kitchen since it was now closed. That's when the fun began.

We get in the kitchen and one of the members says someone grabbed their ass. They were all feeling a negative presense, for what it was worth. But then something crazy happened. One of them had their camcorder hanging from their neck and pointed downwards. The battery flies off and moves up and arcs down. There was no way for the locking device to have failed, even so the battery would have just fallen. Not much really happened after that, some had some weird sensations but I chock that up to nerves.

One final incident did happen. I was in the room of the group and one member was telling me a story. Right then a duffel bag on the bag fell over like it was pushed. I thought maybe it was just gravity, but the bag was light and it had moved as if something was pushed.

After that I returned to the library were everyone met to discuss what happened. Everyone had a good time which is always good, and I think this was more interesting then Andleberry as we actually had several incidents with different groups. Luckily CCPI itself is going back on November 4th to conduct a private investigation. I can't wait.

No comments: