Sunday, November 05, 2006

Back at the Ranch

Was back at the Sierra Sky Ranch last night for another ghost investigation. This one was different. It wasn't a class field trip like last month, though we did have a few students, whose names we drew, also with us was KSEE 24 who was filming us. My friend Rom produces the 11:00 news there and he had asked me a few months if he could do a piece on us for the November sweeps.

Tom and I decided to drive up together, made more sense to take one vehicle and save on gas. I always like the drives to and from these things with him, our conversations are always interesting. We got there around 6:00 or so and met up with the group and students. We decided to have dinner and it cracked me up how the waitresses remember Tom from the previous week when we went up there for the KISS Country promo.

Dinner was ok, I tried the chili for my soup and it wasn't that good. I had the rib eye again as the menu doesn't have much on it and before an investigation I always want a big meal so I have enough energy for the night. Once again I didn't try the deep fried cheesecake. I wonder if it's fate's way of saving me the heart attack?

Right after dinner Ron and the news crew showed up and I introduced him to Jackie and the rest of CCPI. I told him we were going to do our meeting and they were welcome to join us and watch. He wanted to film so we wound up doing that. I introduced him to everyone and the cameraman was filming Jackie talk and I was talking to the reporter telling her what we do, some of the equipment we use, and a brief history of the group. Before heading out both Jackie and I made it very clear that this was a serious investigation and everyone must be on their best behavior. This was really due to one person and I hated to punish the others but I didn't want this thing with 24 fucked up. Seems fate was on my side and nothing happened.

I'll spare the details of the areas we investigated, they were the same as when the class was taken up there. Though we did go up to a two story building that seemed to be the center of some negative energy. One of the students, Jennifer who is a bit sensetive, was feeling pressure on her body. She really couldn't explain it but you could tell she was uncomfortable.

I wasn't able to take many photos (yet again) since there were ten other people on the investigation and it was all one group since Jackie wanted to make sure the students behaved. That and 24 was filming and I didn't want to be on camera. I did go into the pantry area of the kitchen and did a few minutes of evp recording, but I'm still going over that.

Overall I was happy with everything, and was very thankful that 24 was up there. Hopefully the piece will be good. I was told it will air sometime this month and when it does I plan on recording it and posting to YouTube. From there I'll post here.

One more note. The team decided to ask Jennifer to join. This rounds us to eight and I think she'll make a great addition. She is extremely enthusiatic about this and I know she will make a good addition to the group. Our next investigation will be that office we missed the first time around. This time I hope we can get in.

No comments: