Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Eight month recap

Fuck. I can't believe I haven't posted in six months (barring the post I did like ten minutes ago). And here I was bitching that my life was boring and reading the last post a lot of shit did go on. So here's the recap. By month.

November.

KSEE 24 ran the story and it was ok. They played some cheesy music and had James Randi on there to "debunk" us as the editor felt the story was favoring us. Whatever. Regular people saw it and thought it was cool, so that's what matters. Unfortunately they didn't plug our site (which is good cause we soon changed it to .net). The rest of the month was bad. Really bad. My step-grandfather (whom I never considered a "step" passed away Monday of Thanksgiving (it was a tough week in that an uncle in the same family also passed away) week after a long battle with cancer. He fought so hard and survived way past what the doctors said he would. Eight months later and I still miss him. He was one of those people who had a great presence, and family functions haven't been the same since. Funeral was moving and it wasn't sad, it was a typical Irish wake and we all remembered Bob as a wonderful person.

December.

Typical Christmas stuff. Office party was ok, did some Greek restaurant. Best part was when someone tried to do my "fallafal" joke, but said "this is awful" to the chef. Ah good times. Christmas was good. My mom got me a shiny new white DS lite and my girlfriend got me Guild Wars Nightfall (I even created a char that looked like her and gave it her name).

January.

January was relatively quiet. No investigations, though that would pick up in the following month.

February.

Jackie had yet another paranormal class and I helped with that one, this time going to all six classes. I hate to say this, but those people really looked up to me and my ego got WAY huge. But it's shrunk down to my normal cocky levels. We also went back to Sprinville Inn and this time we got something. I chalk it up to Jen, Jackie was doing EVP and asked Jen if she would sing. On the recording we got a "Yeah." This was in the first floor which we pretty much ignored the first time, but Jen felt there was something there. Then there was my sister's birthday. Mom got her a car, and at dinner with the family she said she felt bad she never got me one (my dad did) so she offered to pay for most of my girlfriend and I's wedding. Problem though, we aren't engaged. Oy...

March.

Ugh what a month. It started off with another trip to Sky Ranch, but this class was annoying in that the kitchen was swamped with a birthday party and we had to eat in the lobby. Well the class was acting like they were owed everything since they were up there to look for ghosts. They were rowdy and unrully. To settle them down Jackie asked which group was Group One, and the group responded. She then informed them they had me as their "guide". So they said I was going to not like them, blah blah blah. I warned them not to call down the thunder, but they did. I was tough the entire night as I know they were trying to push me. Of course I pushed back even harder. Overall it wasn't as good as the previous class trip. Jackie did ask two of the students to join CCPI, Terry and Shamallah, and they have been a good addition to the team. But here's where the month sucked. Near the end of the month we had a investigation down in Santa Paula at the Glen Tavern Inn. This was a major one and I was looking forward to it. Well my knee started hurting. Bad. Apparently the tendon connecting my lower leg to my kneecap was inflamed and I could barely walk. So of course dumb ass me decides to go (Terry and I had split a room and I didn't want to flake). I won't go into details now, but in future post, but I had a horrible time. My knee finally healed six fucking weeks later and only when I started taking Tylenol PM as I couldn't sleep and therefore couldn't heal. Godbless the person who invented that shit. Once I started taking them the majority of the pain went away. I have never been in as much pain as I was for that.

April.

Spent most of the month recouping from the knee pain. Pretty much I had it from around 3/24 to 5/1. It sucked major balls. I was cranky and didn't go out much. Jackie even called asking if I was upset over anything. I guess I was in more of a bad mood on 3/31 then I thought. I was able to go on an investigation on 4/28 but my knee began acting up so I sat out most of the night.

May.

Finally got over the knee pain and all was back to normal. The month was pretty uneventful. Celebrated my three year anniversary with my girlfriend which is a huge milestone. I've never been with anyone that long and I'm extremely lucky to have her. Plus she got me an RC truck. :D

June.

The start of June was hell. I had a project trying to be completed but both Madea County and the client were being unreal. Finally got stuff done, but I nearly lost it. My mind that is. Did a residential investigation which was rather interesting, but I can't say anthing due to privacy. That and Jackie is doing a Paranormal 102 class with the investigation this weekend (6/30) so I'll post more about that.

No comments: